Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 garlic clove, minced
2 large eggs, beaten
3 cups cauliflower rice
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (optional)
2 green onions, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large wok or nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent (about 3-4 minutes), stirring often.
- Add frozen vegetables and shrimp. Continue to stir frequently and cook until the shrimp turn pink and opaque (about 3 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, move the vegetable mixture to one side of the pan. On the other side of the pan, add the beaten eggs and cook until scrambled (about 2 minutes).
- Once the eggs are scrambled, mix the eggs and vegetable mixture together and add cauliflower rice, soy sauce, and sriracha. Cook, stirring continuously, until the cauliflower rice softens (about 3-4 minutes). Turn off the heat and stir in green onions.
Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for 3 to 4 days. It can be enjoyed either hot or cold.